Video controls and progress bar not working on development server

• Hello!

I am new here so please forgive me if this has already been covered.

I am working on a MAC and running MAMP as a testing server, while I also have a real development server hosted online.

Before I registered my key this morning, the video controls and progress bar did not work on either the local testing server or the development server.

Since I registered, I get perfect functionality on the MAMP testing server but on the development server, the DEMO VERSION text is gone, but the controls still do not work.

I cant post a link because our dev server is private.

Any ideas?

this is my index.html for the video

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>krpano.com - Panoramic-Videos Interface Example</title>
    <meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no, minimal-ui" />
    <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />
    <meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=edge" />
    <style>
    @-ms-viewport { width: device-width; }
    @media only screen and (min-device-width: 800px) { html { overflow:hidden; } }
    html { height:100%; }
    body { height:100%; overflow:hidden; margin:0; padding:0; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:16px; color:#FFFFFF; background-color:#000000; }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>

<script src="../../viewer/embedpano.js"></script>

<div id="pano" style="width:100%;height:100%;">
    <noscript><table style="width:100%;height:100%;"><tr style="valign:middle;"><td><div style="text-align:center;">ERROR:<br/><br/>Javascript not activated<br/><br/></div></td></tr></table></noscript>
    <script>
    embedpano({swf:"../../viewer/krpanoDMA.swf", xml:"video.xml", target:"pano", html5:"auto", passQueryParameters:true});
    </script>
    </div>

</body>
    </html>

and this is my video.xml

<krpano version="1.17.4">

<!-- adjust the examples backbutton position (if available), the wait(0) in the onstart action allows executing this event -->
    <events name="backbutton_adjust" onxmlcomplete="if(layer[backbutton], set(layer[backbutton].y,80));" />

<!-- include the contextmenu settings and an example video-interface -->
    <include url="contextmenu.xml" devices="flash" />
    <include url="videointerface.xml" />

<!-- adjust the video interface a bit (by overwriting size and position from the videointerface.xml) -->
    <!-- <layer name="videointerface_control_bar" width="100%" y="0" /> -->

<!-- load and control the video with the videoplayer plugin -->
    <plugin name="video"
    url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.swf"
    alturl="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.js"
    loop="true"
    posterurl="video.jpg"
    onvideoready="videointerface_setvideo(get(name));"
    />

<!-- addtional settings for html5 to play the video as flat image -->
    <plugin name="video" devices="html5" width="100%" height="prop" align="center" zorder="0" enabled="false" visible="false" onloaded="delayedcall(0.1, set(visible,true));" />

<!-- addtional settings for iOS/Android - paused at start -->
    <plugin name="video" devices="ios|android" pausedonstart="true" />

<!-- set the video source file (different files and different paths for different devices) -->
    <plugin name="video" videourl="missionbayOne.mp4" devices="flash" />
    <plugin name="video" videourl="missionbayOne.mp4" devices="firefox|chrome|opera" />
    <plugin name="video" videourl="missionbayOne.mp4" devices="ios|android|blackberry|ie" />

<!-- define the pano image and get the pano video from the videoplayer plugin (flash only) -->
    <image hfov="360" vfov="180" devices="flash">
    <sphere url="plugin:video" />
    </image>

<!-- the startup view settings -->
    <view hlookat="+51" vlookat="0" fov="130" fovtype="HFOV" />

</krpano>

THANKS!

• UPDATE!!!

So, I uploaded my files to my actual PRODUCTION server and everything works as expected.

My customers are going to love this player, and I can't wait until we finally get an Ipad solution sometime in the future.

Still, I would like to know why it's not working in my dev server, so if anyone has any ideas, feel free to pass them along.

Cheers!

• Hi,

Still, I would like to know why it's not working in my dev server, so if anyone has any ideas, feel free to pass them along.

That's difficult to say...
    Either some paths were wrong or the dev server was missing some configuration (e.g. like a missing MIME type for .mp4 files)...

Maybe try using Firefox or Chrome and look into the console or network tabs of the integrated developer tools if there are some error informations there...

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!