HTML5 video is crap

• I am starting a new thread here even if I can see there are already several others with similar problems.

I never bothered much about firefox before as I have had all tours set up for using flash as priority.

However I wanted to start using HTML5 and thought I could solve the video by just adding an ogv or webm as this is supposed to work.
    It did not.

After disabling flash I have no problem just dropping m4v, ogv or webm files on the firefox browser and they work.
    But in KRpano latest videoplayer none of them work in any browser if I set it up as suggested like this:

<plugin name="video2" devices="desktop|ipad" zorder="52" onloaded="set(effect,glow(0x666666,15.0,5,10000));"

url="plugins/videoplayer.swf" visible="false" alpha="0"
    alturl="plugins/videoplayer.js"

videourl="video/ani680.m4v|video/ani680.ogv|video/ani680.webm"
    posterurl="video/ani680.jpg"
    align="center"
    width="80%" height="prop"
    pausedonstart="false"
    loop="true"
    volume="1.0"
    buffertime="0.1"
    updateeveryframe="true"
    onvideoready=""
    onvideopaused=""
    onvideocomplete=""
    onhover="showtext(Klik for Pause, buttonstyle);"
    onclick="togglepause();"
    />

With videourl="video/ani680.m4v" I get the poster image in Safari but I have to click 2 times to start. In chrome it starts without showing the poster and in Firefox I just get the poster.

If I use this videourl="video/ani680.ogv" it starts in Chrome and firefox without showing poster but it shows only poster in safari which does not respond.

To my surprise using this I videourl="video/ani680.webm" works in all 3 browsers but I need to click posterimage in Safari twice to start.

Of course I have not tested this at all yet on iPad and Android. And I only tested on Mac.

And I also got another problem in flash with a special slideshow video but that needs another thread.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von HansNyb (24. Mai 2014 um 14:25)

• And now the Miro converter does not even work any more to convert to webm files.

It seems to have been just luck I got my first test converted.

This is solved. Bad framerate. Se my other post about the Weird behavior in flash.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von HansNyb (24. Mai 2014 um 19:03)

• As this videourl="video/ani680.m4v|video/ani680.ogv|video/ani680.webm"
    did not work I tried this:
    This works on Mac Chrome-Firefox-Safari and on iPad and my Galaxy Note 2 in HTML5
    Also on Win XP which uses flash for Firefox and IE8 Chrome uses HTML5 and it works also.

Here is the test page. http://360-foto.dk/krigen-1864/ Video slideshow is on pano 12 just turn 180 degree for spot.

<plugin name="video2" devices="html5" zorder="98" onloaded="set(effect,glow(0x666666,15.0,5,10000));"
    videourl="video/1920-600-3.webm"
    posterurl="video/poster1920.jpg"
    align="top" y="60"
    width="600" height="450"
    pausedonstart="true"
    loop="false"
    volume="1.0"
    buffertime="0.1"
    updateeveryframe="true"
    onvideoready=""
    onvideopaused=""
    onvideocomplete=""
    onclick="togglepause();"
    />

<plugin name="video2" devices="desktop+flash|ipad|android+flash" zorder="98" onloaded="set(effect,glow(0x666666,15.0,5,10000));"
    videourl="video/1920-600-3.m4v"
    align="top" y="60"
    width="600" height="450"
    pausedonstart="false"
    loop="false"
    volume="1.0"
    buffertime="0.1"
    updateeveryframe="true"
    onvideoready=""
    onvideopaused=""
    onvideocomplete=""
    onclick="togglepause();"
    />

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von HansNyb (24. Mai 2014 um 21:10)

• More changes.

Now Android problems. First I had to change pausedonstart="false" to true to get it work properly with 1 click start in Safari.

And that made it stop working on Android so I had to ad another plugin set for Android with pausedonstart="false"
    Only problem now is that the thin border I have which works fine on desktop and iPad does not work on Android.
    Instead I get an ugly green shadow which I can not get rid of.

<plugin name="video2" devices="android+html5" zorder="98" onloaded="set(plugin[video2].jsborder,'1px solid #000000'));"
    videourl="video/1920-600-3.webm"
    align="top" y="60"
    width="600" height="450"
    pausedonstart="false"
    loop="false"
    volume="1.0"
    buffertime="0.1"
    updateeveryframe="true"
    onvideoready=""
    onvideopaused=""
    onvideocomplete=""
    onclick="togglepause();"
    />

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!