Tour of the Oxford University Museum of Natural History

• This is my first 'proper' virtual tour which might actually end up on somebodies web site *thumbsup* .
    Any feedback is appreciated.

http://goo.gl/K8ZZkK

At the moment the tour is hosted on my google drive which is not the fastest so loading times should improve when the tour is moved to its proper home.
    I tested it with Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE11 as well as smartphone Chrome.
    Things seem to be working OK.
    Only IE11 never seems to show the intro image but that could be down to loading time *confused*

Cheers, Bernd

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Barcud (22. Mai 2014 um 12:41)

• Thanks for - well - literally nothing.
    I mean - I know it is a bulk standard tour, nothing special so I guess no comment means nothing is really wrong with it - that is the way I take the silence.
    So thanks for that.

I know, there are things with the images and the xml that could be improved and I will be working on it on my next tour but so far I take the absence of negative comments as a positive thing.

After all - I am not a glass half full or glass half empty person - I am just a person for whom the glass is double the size it needs to be. *g*

Cheers,
    Bernd

• I would propose:
    - when map is small disable it to be active (catching events other than mouse click on map to increase it)
    - Button i not consistent to other buttons
    - Nadir is pretty good but could be better
    - Got the error: download of "panos/Balcony_-_The_other_side.tiles/l2_f_02_02.jpg" failed (Check if file is valid on server)
    - photography nice (I'm not photographer but can say that it looks nice, maybe little bit to dark for my taste but content is nice and I see no usual stitching mistakes)
    - info screen fixed size (not supported smaller screen sizing)
    - Don't know why but on maximum zoom I see some not natural distorsions. e.g. Non paralel windows at top (check view settings)

In general nice and clean work
    regards
    Umalo

• Thanks for the feedback!!
    I have 'delivered' the tour last Wednesday so not much I can do about it any more.

Making the map inactive when small - yes, should have done that.
    i button inconsistent - I know, should have created a new icon set instead of just adding something -
    Nadir - well hey, don't have a Nadir adapter and HDR in fairly dark environment isn't going to work properly handheld.
    Info screen fixed size - I tried resizeable but when the screen get small you can't read it any more so I decided to just keep it fixed.

I could not find the unnatural distortions.

Again thanks you for the detailed feedback.
    It was/is a freebie for the museum and I know I should probably have spent more time with the krpano settings but for them it really is all about the images and the feedback there si far is that they like it.

I will try to be more consistent next time round.

Cheers.

• Well the toursler tour is 36 panoramas which should I guess be more streetview style - like I can stand in one of the rows on the left, in the middle or on the right.
    Yes, it is nice but- and that is just my opinion - I think it is over the top.
    You don't spend much time looking at one panorama because there are so many of them.

So far I heard that the feedback of the tour is quite OK and it is live on
    http://www.oum.ox.ac.uk/tour/tour.html

• Super fun tour!
    it's stuff someone actually wants to see and it's easy to navigate. My only criticism is that the scenes are much much darker than I think they should be. You can preserve the highlights using luminosity masks if you're a highlight junky while bringing up the midtones. I think the images would pop a lot more.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!