Sharpness settings changed?

• Hi,

In the past years of using krpano and its tools, I never spent a second thought about sharpness. It was just brilliant out of the box. You could find the same quality in a pano screenshot as in the original file, or at least very very close to it. Now I find the quality to be dramatically decreased.

I suspect some changes in the settings - but where do I find the right parameters and what are the settings to apply?

All help warmly appreciated

Michael

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mstoss (13. Mai 2014 um 13:39)

• Hi,

no, nothing has been changed.

How have you build the pano?
    With the NORMAL or MULTIRES droplets?
    Note - the NORMAL droplets have a predefined maximum size of the cube faces.

What Internet connection have you used to watch the pano?
    Some mobile providers are 're-compression' the image, which can reduce the image quality of course.

What browser are you using and do you view Flash or HTML5 CSS3D or HTML5 WebGL?
    It might be possible that you see the WebGL mipmapping...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

thanks for having a look into this!

INFO: krpano 1.17 (build 2014-04-03)
    INFO: Desktop/Win32 - Firefox 28.0 - WebGL

... so BINGO this WebGL "mipmapping"-issue, right? Due to the HTML5:"prefer" setting.

But then, HTML5 set to "auto":

INFO: Flashplayer WIN 13.0.0.206 PlugIn

The same. It makes no difference if on HTML5 or Flash

I used the Multires droplet for this 10.000x5.000 image and I'm on a PC, not a mobile device.

Michael

• Hi,

are the image filtering and compression settings are still the default ones?

I mean these settings: (e.g. in the basicsettings.config)

Code
    # image filtering and compression settings
    filter=LANCZOS
    jpegquality=82
    jpegsubsamp=422
    jpegoptimize=true

Maybe the reduction of image quality is only related to the normal jpeg compression and color-subsampling...

Can you send me a link to the pano and if possible also to the original image?
    Then I could check it in detail.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!