Krpano downloaded and extracted but doesnt work at all

• i downloaded the zip file.. extracated into a desktop folder

try to open this file MAKE PANO (FLAT) Droplet

window opens...

C\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

says "drag and drop panoramic images on this droplet to create automatically flat multiresolution panoramas from it
    press any key to continue ... "

and sits waiting for me to press a key....

i press any key... the window closes... gone...

i try to drag pics into the window when i re start it again...

window closes ... gone...

i cant get that window to do anything when its open... it just closes

i can open the tools file.. but that just deals with security and settings... not the pano...

so this mo.. i cant really do anything with krpano but make it open a command window that closes without doing anything...

?

Edited once, last by incony (May 25, 2014 at 7:48 PM).

• Hi incony, welcome to the forum :)

Try just dragging your panos into the file marked MAKE PANO(FLAT) droplet.bat rather than trying to open it first. It will then automatically open and once finished you will be prompted to press any key to exit.

Hoope it works for you.

• Hi incony, welcome to the forum :)

Try just dragging your panos into the file marked MAKE PANO(FLAT) droplet.bat rather than trying to open it first. It will then automatically open and once finished you will be prompted to press any key to exit.

Hoope it works for you.

ok i linked 18 images and dragged them - and when its done it says press any key to continue...
    i press a key - and the window closes... gone Guys and Girls -- :) This is really hard work just to get a pano i can see.... i cant find what krpano has hidden somewhere - if it actually has done anything at all.

• ok.. so i found it by trial and error.. in the pictures folder that the original images are... and bear in mind this 18 picture pano has been made without error, complete-- by autostitch and hugin... its here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/5470646…in/photostream/

and the big picture -

https://www.flickr.com/photos/5470646…118644/sizes/o/

but what krpano gave me was only maybe six pictures of the pano... and its filled my pictures folder with a ton of crap files i must remove.

do i want to buy a bit of kit that does that? not this mo...

• Hi Incony, seems like you are almost there. Try using the MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet.bat. Delete the old folder or files first so that you can see the new creation.

Stick with it and it will make sense in the end. :)

I notice on your picture examples that they do not look the right size so they may have been rejected. they should be at a ratio of 2:1 i,e 3000 x 1500, 4000 x 2000.

• Hi,

by autostitch and hugin...

but what krpano gave me

Do you maybe think that krpano would be a panoramic stitcher software?
    If yes - krpano is only viewing/displaying/authoring software, but it will not stitch photos togehter to panoramic images ;-).

For your image itself, I would recommend dropping the final pano image on the 'MAKE PANO (MULTIRES)' or the 'MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES)' droplet - and selecting '3' (=Cylindrical) as pano type and '360' as horizontal fov.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• ok .. klaus ive done what you said...

i dragged this complete pano.... you can see it here on flickr... https://www.flickr.com/photos/5470646…554557/sizes/o/
    into the multi res droplet

it goes through the process.. then asks me if i want to delete an xml file

what xml file, i aint made one... i gave it a jpg...

so i say yes, and the window closes...

i am no further forward this mo.. than when i first posted

this program sucks.. its got no intuition at all.... :(

• i now have a folder called skin.... in the pano folder - i had no idea it was there, krpano dint tell me. So i open it... there are no clues or read me`s in it.... ive no idea of what to do with it...

ok folks.. dont get me wrong, i can do just about anything with a pano... except... get krpano to give me anything useful, it put a new folder on my pc without telling me.... that is very bad practice...

its like it expects that i know... i dont... so it should tell me...

it doesnt

what now?

• You drag your source image onto the appropriate droplet and then it will build a complete project for you.
    The project is in the same directory as the source image. Upload that to a directory on your webserver. Or run the html locally.
    Also on this website is a link to the documentation up top.

• Hi Icony, I have just tried nymyself using your panoramic still. I dragged it into MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet.bat and as it is not a cubic image it prompts you to tell it what type of image it is, I went for Flat and it processes it just fine. Of course it is not a full 360/180 image so it can only go round a full 360.

Lets try something new. On your desktop create a new folder call it whatever you want. Within that folder put one of your panoramic images (you can put as many as you want but I just want to keep things basic at the moment). Now open another window to find your krpano tools You will find amongst others MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet.bat.

Now go back to your folder on the desktop and drag your image into MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet.bat - literally drag it in and drop it on the text link. A command box will open and it will ask you what type of image, go for flat and hit return. It will then process the image and create a new folder within your desktop folder called vtour.

Go to that folder and you will find a file called tour.html. Open that file and you should see your image no problem.

When you want to ftp the finished tour then you want to select all of these files and folders in the vtour folder for upload.

We´ll get you sorted somehow :)

• ok..

i did what you said, Pete.

i now have a desktop folder, with the original pano in it... and a new folder.

it is called vtour..

in it are three folders, panos, plugins and skin..

and 5 files - 4 called tour... and one called tour editor..

i cant open any of those five files, i get an error, even though i have the latest java, and its working, i get a java not enabled error when i try to open those five files

i.e. the files cant see java..

But.. using Google chrome, i can open tour and tour editor...

i am not sure yet, why this...https://www.flickr.com/photos/5470646…in/photostream/

isnt a continuous 360 pano... but at last i can see it in Krpano..

i am slowly being able to do things, but its very hard work... figuring out why java cant be found... for example... the last update search it made was 28 may... its as current as it can be

Edited 2 times, last by incony (June 1, 2014 at 9:58 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!