HTML5 viewer on Chrome Version 34.0.1847.131 m not working correctly.

• Hi all,

I've posted in the beginners section about some problems I'm having but, I updated to Chrome Version 34.0.1847.131 m today and now my panos created in the new 1.17 tools do not work correctly. The panos are now very slow and the tiles do not load correctly and there is distortion on the screen, is anyone else having the same problem? However, another question I have is why does my pano load in the Flash viewer when viewing offline but then in the HTML5 viewer when I have uploaded the pano using the same browser? Viewing old panos still load in the flash viewer.

Another question I had in my other post was about the custom mouse icons not showing but, from a reply I got I am assuming that these mouse icons are not supported in HTML5? this is fine if it is, I just wanted confirmation.

Many thanks in advance :)

• Hi,

that sounds like that Chrome is no longer able to use your graphics hardware...

Enter the url - chrome://gpu/ - in Chrome to check if your graphics are still hardware accelerated, maybe the new Chrome version has blacklisted your graphic card driver.

If the graphics are not hardware accelerated anymore, try updating your graphic card drivers.

The HTML5/CSS3D software rendering of Chrome (that happens when no hardware accelerated is available) is unfortunately very buggy (by Chrome, not by krpano!).

Regarding Flash offline - Chrome doesn't allow to load local xml files (file:// urls) for security reason, so local HTML5 panos will not work. Therefore the krpano embedding script will automatically prefer Flash when running inside Chrome with local content.

Use the krpano Testing Server for local testing - this way everything will work like on a real server.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for the reply Klaus,

I have checked Chrome about the graphics and I get the below, however, my Vaio laptop runs a twin graphics card and after a reboot and a bit of jiggery pokery, it seems to be working ok again now :) So, is it true that custom mouse icons do not work n the HTML5 viewer?

Graphics Feature Status

• Canvas: Hardware accelerated
    • 3D CSS: Hardware accelerated
    • Compositing: Hardware accelerated on all pages and threaded
    • CSS Animation: Accelerated and threaded
    • Flash 3D: Hardware accelerated
    • Flash Stage3D: Hardware accelerated
    • Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Hardware accelerated
    • Video: Hardware accelerated
    • Video Decode: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
    • Video Encode: Hardware accelerated
    • WebGL: Hardware accelerated

Problems Detected

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!