Creating a new website using krpano and html5 and MS webmatrix from an existing old one

• hi folks...
    i am a newbie...

i have a website in dire need of refurbishment... i created it over the years... using ms word... and ptviewer

this is it right now...

http://www.incony.org

in the family tree section i use a very big picture with hyperlinks... it needs a better way of using it..

the panoramic pics cant be viewed now because IE denies Ptviewer operation.. so the java script dont work anymore

its why i am here at krpano... looking at what i can use with html5 that is IE and Chrome compatible... wont be denied access on security for most users... and that i can use with microsoft webmatrix or google webdesign to create a new website from the old.. and all my panoramas now sitting on flickr... because they cant be seen on my website... :(

in effect i think i want to create a tour... my website will be a tour... since many of my panoramas are linked by exact place or location or time..

ive been put off using google chromes Web designer because it would not load any existing pages i have... because they were not created with it..

in effect what i want to create is a flat panorama for the start page.. ie.. just like one scans on a tablet to find apps... with ones finger or mouse - i want the pages of my web site to be the panorama... and provide access... by hyperink... hotspots etc etc.. to other pages and panos... so maybe the entry and return pano is a map.....

i want to be sure.. before i buy.. that krpano will at least work with microsoft web matrix... ie.. when i create a source page with krpano i can use it in webmatrix.. and azure... and even ms word..

so i am interested in the templates here that show tours and map linking...

i just post today to see what knowledgeable folks can advise... since right now i am paying for a web site that dont work and is pretty much scrap...

• Hi incony, krpano can do pretty much anything you want that you are asking but personally I would just ditch webmatrix as I cannot see why you need it. If you are using webmatrix as your host and you can ftp easily enough then you can simply host the krpano files.

Dont forget you can try krpano for free so why not give it a go and see if it works for you.

• thanks for the quick reply, virtual pete. i need a good base to explore the possibilities of html5, and a good well supported architecture like webmatrix or webdesigner gives me the means to create new pages and experiment with the results before i put them online...

in the past i have done it myself using just microsoft word... very hard work...

i am interested in things that folks do with html5... and this mo.. using things like this to add music links...and a visualization intrigues me.. since this is a stand alone web based function just like krpano http://do.adive.in/music/

so.. webdesigner and web matrix offer me the means to use two fundamental and supported methods by global companies.. and i can test my pages and use input from those sources.. i am only interested in IE and Google.

for example.. webmatrix has a boilerplate template... a working function... i dont need to mess around i can play with something that works and grow it... change it... all the time knowing that what i do is compatible..

of course i could just buy or pay someone to make the new site... but using something like webmatrix or webdesigner allows me to learn html5

this is my web host..http://www.names.co.uk/?PR=EG02&gclid…CFUTMtAod8woAVQ

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!