• Hi, since 1.16 html5 is set to prefer by default, but I was wondering why ?
    On my PC flash works smooth with perfect rotation, when I switch to WebGl it isn't smooth at all, I have an Nvidia GT 620 with a dell 2713hm.
    On the other hand webgl works perfect on my MacBook Pro... Like flash does !
    So why doesn't it work allright on my PC ? A clue ?
    Thanks !

• Hi,

that totally depends on the system itself, but in the most cases and as long as the system isn't very old, WebGL should perform better than Flash.

It can be seen as:
    Flash = rendering by CPU
    WebGL = rendering by GPU

And the GPU is typically much faster in rendering graphics, especially the higher the resolution will be.

You didn't write what system and browser you are using, so it might be that there is no hardware acceleration on your system. Chrome offers also a software WebGL rendering, but this is slow of course. Maybe this is the case. (Btw - and there is generally no hardware acceleration available on Windows systems older than Vista).

If using Chrome - check the Chrome internal url - chrome://gpu/ - to check if hardware acceleration is available.
    If using Firefox - check the Firefox internal url - about:support - at the section 'Graphics' to check the graphics support.

If there is no hardware acceleration, look for updating your graphic card drivers.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Ok,
    I have windows 7 pro and hardware acceleration is on in Firefox and Chrome...
    I guess my graphic card (in fact it's the GT 630) is a bit too small for my screen resolution ( 2560x1440 ), the image is jerky when I rotate panos fullscreen in html5 but is allright when I resize my window to about 1600x1024...
    Should I change my graphic card then ?

• Done some new test, single panorama with default skin, no hotspots, local files :

On Firefox 28
    HTML5 version is very long to display the tiles and navigation is quite jerky
    Flash version loads the tiles much much faster and navigation is smooth

On Chrome 34
    HTML5 version the tiles loads allright and navigation is quite smooth
    Flash version loads the tiles as fast and navigation is a tiny bit smoother

• Hi,

can you post a screenshot of the graphics section of the about:support page in Firefox?

Maybe Firefox was some kind of problems with your graphic card drivers?
    Have you tried updating them to their latest version?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Oups, guess I found the problem...
    A long time ago I modified the color management mode of firefox (Gfx.color_management.mode) to 1, now I set it back to it's initial value (2) it's much much better ;)
    Thanx for looking Klaus !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!