• Hi, I've just discovered krpano and I'd like to learn using it. I already know other similar programs for VTs like Tourweaver and Panotour.
    I find krpano very interesting but extremely user-unfriendly, as it lacks a GUI, which makes things difficult to people used to work with windows and palettes.
    Also, help section is hard to understand, because it's so fragmentary and not very explanatory from a practical point of view.
    A full reference, a pdf book or something like, would be the answer to my many questions. I'd like to understand the principle that underlies the whole thing, and later to find a solution to practical problems (like adding polygonal hotspots, and so on).
    Does anyone know if such a help exist out there? Many thanks,
    Alessandro

• Hi,

sorry, but krpano is as it currently is. A forum post about complaining that is extremely user-unfriendly can't change that. I'm of course trying to improve it step by step and also to make it easier to use but this is a longer process.

I would recommend looking at the xml files of the examples and looking up each element and name from there here in the online reference:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#top
    https://krpano.com/docu/actions/#top

Also browsing the forum here can be a good help.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus,
    thankyou for your quick answer. I really appreciate your work, and I think krpano is a great program, just a bit difficult, but it's worth learning it.
    So ok, I'll try to find what I need through the forum.

Thanks,
    Alessandro

• I imagine that if you come from GUI soft, you can find it quite difficult at the beginnig. Maibe you switch to krpano because you can't find the way to make other features than the tipical ones in those gui, menu, map, thumbs... So for that you have to make your idea very clear of what you want to achieve, and in the examples you will find amazing pieces of code, from where you can learn much more than any other thing, of course it takes time depending on your coding skills. But also in the forum you can ask for some help in specific issues

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!