video attribute issues

• i am trying to set some of the video properties and they are not working. the video is not set visible. the atv and ath are set correctly because when i hover where the video should be, i see the onhover text but not the video. also i have to declare the videourl in the hotspot or it always says 'unable to load video'

i want to declare the videourl so i can use the same hotspot and not have to make one for each video. can't figure out the syntax for the videourl.

set(hotspot[video].videourl,(../world/video/cats-short.flv)); <-- this is where i want it relative to the actual home of krpano.swf
    set(hotspot[video].videourl,cats-short.flv); <-- as a test i put it in the same folder as krpano.swf this does not work either
    set(hotspot[video].videourl,(cats-short.flv)); <-- does not work either
    set(hotspot[video].visible,true); <-- this does not work video is there as handcursor works but it can't be seen

cant figure out how to include the ../ either method does not work unless i declare the path at the hotspot not via "set"

set(hotspot[video].onhover,showtext(View a video)); <-- works
    set(hotspot[video].ath,-52.0); <-- works
    set(hotspot[video].atv,-80.0); <-- works

<hotspot name="video"
    url="../core/plugins/videoplayer.swf"
    keep="false"
    ath="" atv=""
    zoom="false" distorted="true"
    width="400" height="300"
    scale="0.01" scale9grid="" scalechildren="false" rotate="0"
    rx="6.25" ry="-14.75" rz="0.42600149339500243"
    edge="center" ox="" oy=""
    crop="" ondowncrop="" onovercrop=""
    visible="false" enabled="true" handcursor="true" capture="true" children="true"
    zorder="0"
    alpha="1.00" blendmode="normal" smoothing="true"
    refreshrate="auto"
    onloaded=""
    onover=""
    onhover=""
    onout=""
    ondown=""
    onup=""
    onclick="if(flying == 0.0, flyout(), flyback() );"
    buffertime="0.1"
    directionalsound="true"
    flying="0"
    loop="true"
    onvideocomplete=""
    pausedonstart="true"
    range="110"
    updateeveryframe="true"
    videourl=""
    volume="0.7"
    />

• yes if i pausedonstart=true it will not show. pausedonstart=false works the way it should.

so what are my options if i need it to be hidden and paused? this part of the video is the last piece to my newest creation. is this a flash bug or something that has a work around? or am i screwed?

• i came up with a work around for the video. i just let it be visible and waiting for the user to see. i use other actions to hide it when i am relocating it. this all works fine locally but on the internet the video is still hidden. this is all only an issue becuase i wanted to use flyout video hotspots however due to all the bugs i may have to create a "screen" and have that tween into view and play the videos in there instead. I anxiously await a patch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!