Dealing with Multiple User Touches on Large Touch Screen

• Hi All,

I have a question (mainly for Klaus, unless anyone else has dealt with this particular issue) - I have developed a krpano HTML5 application that is running on a 32 inch touch monitor kiosk as a museum exhibit. The exhibit is running on a Windows 7 machine.

The issue we are running into is that when multiple users (this issue is very particular to groups of children) approach the screen they all put their hands on it at the simultaneously. The result of this is that the screen essentially locks up when there are multiple active touch points. From research there doesn't appear to be any way via Krpano or HTML5 to directly address this issue, so I may need to write a wrapper application to dispatch touch events to the browser to prevent this issue from occurring.

I'm wondering if anyone has any input on how to possibly resolve this issue, or if any of you have encountered anything similar.

Thanks for any responses.

• Thanks for the info Klaus.

After re-examining the issue we decided to not worry about multiple users putting their hands on the screen at the same time, due to being too much of a hassle. However, one thing we are looking to hopefully address is user's using two or three fingers on a screen to move the panorama.

Interestingly it seems like Flash automatically allows this on certain types of monitors (from a previous krpano project we did). On HTML however doing this has the same result as multiple users placing their hands on the screen. I don't believe I've seen anything on this, but is there anywhere in the settings to allow for two/three finger input to be treated as a single mouse?

Thanks again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!