"Kosatka" Yacht. Finish of the "Volvo ocean race 2008-2009".

• Hi!

Here is a pano taken on the "Kosatka" yacht. This is the Russian team yacht. Unfortunetally, they quit the race due to the lack of money. However, thay took part in the last leg *smile*

It was hard to stitch this pano because of yacht rolling, so almost all patches was applied via Pano2VR.

It was hard to stitch this pano because of yacht rolling

Wiskey,

I know you've already put the time in and fixed the stitching errors with the patch tool but why don't you give PTGui a go? Download the free demo version and see what it will do with your original images.

A while ago i took some 360 degree shots on a Canadian lifeboat and had a real pig of a time getting them to stitch correctly. In the end I set it to 'manual' control points and just went through the images matching points only on the actual boat itself. (approx 10 for each image) It was fairy time consuming matching points manually but so much quicker than using extract/patch tools and then cloning things in Photoshop. If PTGui was set to automatic points it matched clouds, wave crests, etc and just made me want to give up *cry*

I like your picture though. Bet your chuffed with the result.

Andrew

• Wiskey,

I know you've already put the time in and fixed the stitching errors with the patch tool but why don't you give PTGui a go? Download the free demo version and see what it will do with your original images.

A while ago i took some 360 degree shots on a Canadian lifeboat and had a real pig of a time getting them to stitch correctly. In the end I set it to 'manual' control points and just went through the images matching points only on the actual boat itself. (approx 10 for each image) It was fairy time consuming matching points manually but so much quicker than using extract/patch tools and then cloning things in Photoshop. If PTGui was set to automatic points it matched clouds, wave crests, etc and just made me want to give up *cry*

I like your picture though. Bet your chuffed with the result.

Andrew

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for your advice.
    This pano already stitched with ptgui. The reason why i need to use patch tool - is 10mm lens (x1.6 crop) and the yachts rolling. For Example - I got 4 images around nadir (-45 degree) were stitched pretty well - because the camera were rolling with the yacht. But all other images contains other yachts and the wharf. Because the yacht was rolling - it was impossible to stitch that images withot significant errors.

Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!