SOLVED - Scrolling Textfield - How to reset sliders to the top?

• Hello,

I'm using a scrolling textfield for several text hotspots in a tour. The text is updated via an action each time by addressing its individual <data> content. This works fine so far, however, since I'm using the very same plugin every time, the scroll slider state seems to be saved and hence it is wrong some times. E.g. when I scroll down to the end of the text with hotspot 1 and open hotspot 2, it will show the scroll slider at the end of text 2 as well.

Is there a parameter to set back to 0 or so, every time the user stops reading and closes the text, so that next time the scroll slider is at the top again?

All help appreciated very much.

Michael

Edited once, last by mstoss (January 9, 2014 at 12:09 PM).

• Hi! In standard scrolling textfield example layer "scrollslider" has y="24". I guess, you should make an action which will set y of the "scrollslider" to "24" every time the text is closed. Or maybe, you have some other "y" value for the "scrollslider".

Regards,

Alexey

• Hi Alexey,

Thank you very much, that was half of the solution and all of the way to go *smile*

I added two values now for my action, one for the slider position (as you said) and one for the text content itself:

Code
    <action name="a_popuptext">
    		    		set(layer[%1].html,data:%2);	
    		    		set(layer[%1].y,0);	
    		    		set(layer[img-scrollslider].y,24);	
      	</action>

Thanks again!

Michael

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!