Making Flyout Background Unmovable

• Currently the flyout example allows for the user to continue to look around while the image is enlarged. Is there anyway to darken everything behind the zoomed in picture and make the user unable to look around until the flyout has returned to it's original spot?

Thanks!
    John

• It's possible to make a bg layer which will block any interaction, of course. But since a hotspot is inside the pano and hence it would be behind this layer so there would be some problems:

a) if you make bg layer "dimmed" it would overlay the flown-in hotspot.
    b) you will have to add "onclick" action to the bg layer to flow the current hotspot away. So there must be an added variable like "current_spot".

I made a tour with flyout images and dimmed background, but I went the other way: I used bg distorted hotspots to dim the background.

Regards,

Alexey

• So how do you go about making a hotspot that's fullscreen, making sure it's fullscreen for all devices (mobile, tablet, PC)? I could see it setting the alpha up, changing the z-order, and maybe even using an all-black jpg but does that still make it so you can't click behind it?

What does your code look like if you don't mind me asking?

• It's not a universal solution, but it suited my tasks:

I used six distorted hotspots 1000px x 1000 px, with enabled set to "false" and capture set to "true". Each hotspot covered each cubeface, so visually they formed a black background. So when you click on a flyout hotspot, it makes all these six hotspots visible. Their zorder is lower than that of the flyout hotspot, so you can click it and it'll fly back and tween the bg hotspot away.

That's it.

Regards,

Alexey

• It'll be hard because I'm making this flyout in another xml file that I call from the tour.xml I don't think I can use hotspots because it's not in the scene like you said. How do you implement your hotspots if you're not using the example like on the krpano website?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!