Buffer/Progressive loading

• I have a question about the attribute:

• buffertime (optionally, Flash only)

• The time in seconds that the video should be preloaded/buffered before starting to play, default=0.1 (=Flashplayer default).

I made a tour with a video 12 min long and 1GB size.

Tho it seems to me that the video has to be fully downloaded from my server untill it starts to play. It is a huge problem for people with low internet connection speed.

Any idea how to speed up the start of the video? How to make it play before the video is fully downloaded?

I did search a bit on the web and the forum tho I did not seem to find the answer.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi,

the video streaming itself works normally fully automatic by the Flashplayer, but it's important that the server also allows/supports that - e.g. the gzip transfer compression on the server need to be disabled for the video files. The most web hosters have that already correctly disabled by default, but some sometimes not.

Either look for the gzip server settings or contact your hoster about it.

Regarding the buttertime setting itself - here the 'full' Flashplayer documentation about it:
    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPla…html#bufferTime

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi guys,

I encountered the same problem.

I the following htaccess rule, but that didn't help.

<IfModule mod_gzip.c>
    mod_gzip_on Yes
    mod_gzip_dechunk Yes
    mod_gzip_item_exclude mime video/.*
    mod_gzip_item_exclude mime ^video/.*
    </IfModule>

And when I play the .mp4 in a seperate tab, it will play progressive.

Is there something I'm missing?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!