krpano 1.17 (Pre Release)

• Hi!

I need a guide in how to encrypt tours with the newly added droplet encrypt. I have very successfully used the tools (original added to original files which easily could be excluded in Transmit and be tracked and kept in the same folder as original Virtual tour) before but now with a rendered tour with the latest version of everything (krpano 1.17 Pre Release 2) i get encryption error when for instance encrypting main.xml and running html5.

I simply don't know what/ how to do to achieve the same as before or what is needed according to this or this.

Would have been great if i did but I need help.

Thanks for a fantastic soft *smile*

//Stefan

Best regards - Stefan

Edited once, last by Stefan.L (January 28, 2014 at 9:22 AM).

• Hi,

regarding guide - basically just making the tour and then dropping the xml files that should be encrypted on the ENCRYPT XML droplet...

When there is an encryption error then the error shouldn't be related to that process/guide itself.
    To find out what is wrong, please post your example in a separate thread.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply - i little question before link...

Can 1.17 be encrypted with 1.17 Pre Release 2 ?
    In the tour.js it says version 1.17 only.

Regards,

Best regards - Stefan

• Can 1.17 be encrypted with 1.17 Pre Release 2 ?
    In the tour.js it says version 1.17 only.

Note - the compression of the encrypted xml files is new in Pre Release 2!
    That means older versions will be not able to decrypt files that were encrypted with the new version.

Just use the viewer from the same version and it will work.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I need the ability to create an .swf file with all of the images, xml etc. embedded into it, like the 'krprotect' tool offered. Is this still possible with this new version? I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Thanks.

• Regarding my issue with the encrypt.

Funny with the issue and the trouble I had - i went all the way to again downloading the osx version and made a new install - and suddenly it worked....
    Odd I have to say - I Must have done something strange while updating.... No clue what however.

Now all works perfekt - as expected of course;)

Best regards - Stefan

• Hi,

I Must have done something strange while updating

Probably the older 1.17.pr1 viewer was used. The xml compression is new in 1.17.pr2, so only the newer viewer is able to load compressed xml files.

I need the ability to create an .swf file with all of the images, xml etc. embedded into it, like the 'krprotect' tool offered. Is this still possible with this new version?

At the moment this is only possible from command line, but in the next release (1.17.pr3) there will be again a GUI for this.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• How come that hotspot pixelhittest become Flash only. This is huge step back as is was used a lot to "fake" poligonal hotspots on HTML5.
    With all benefits new versions are bringing this change forced us to use old versions where pixelhittest was working on HTML5.
    Is it going to be supported back again? If not, do you have proposal on how to define distorted areas for capturing mouse events for specific areas:

Example 1
    Example 2

• Hi,

please note - the pixelhittest setting was always a Flash-only feature and never be supported in HTML5!

That feature itself is already a quite complicated and heavy operation in Flash - it works by internally creating a 1x1 pixel bitmap at the mouse position, then drawing the whole plugin into it and then checking the alpha transparency value of that resulting pixel. That's all together is already a pretty heavy task and the performance of it is only okay because its only a small 1x1 bitmap and because it happens only once per frame.

In HTML5 there don't exists such possibilities, there it's not possible to draw html elements into bitmap buffers and also not to check the transparency of a html element at given the pixel position.

That means at the moment I don't see a way or possibility to implement such in HTML5.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Code
    <layer name="logo"   keep="true" url="%HTMLPATH%/graphics/logo.png" handcursor="false" align="topleft" x="010" y="010" zorder="1" scale="0.5" alpha="0" 
    	onloaded="set(alpha,0);tween(alpha,1.0, 4.0);" />

In this version, the layers type image if I set alpha 0, and then the onloaded event,I ve found that is not working for flash.

Sorry, it's my fault for sure, I've been developing a project in base of HTML5 and I'm having quite trouble in making it work with flash... A little mess from my part I supose

NOTE : the main problem was that some container layers, didn't have with or height, that seems to be allowed by the HTML5 version, but flash seems to be more strict in that case.
    Also some plugins need to be registered, so when you develop with the testing server, you don't realize that facts ...

Cocnclusion : I hope old browser just disapear and we can code everything based on the HTML5 player.

• I believe there is an issue when using this on an iPad/iphone. I can zoom in fine, mostly, but when i zoom out and then zoom in again, the tiles go wrong and random stuff seems to be displayed instead of the closer in view I was expecting.

If you try this using an iPad you will see:

http://gallery.parismetrotrash.com/McParis/mcparismaxi/

Just zoom in and out, pan left right etc and you should see the issue I have described.

Other than this, all seems to work well. Brilliant job:)

• hello,
    I have 1.16.6 version
    Can I upgrade 1.17.5 ?
    (I copy my krpano.license and krpanotools.license but not work)

The best of people, the most beneficial to people. Hz. Mohammed

• hello,
    I have 1.16.6 version
    Can I upgrade 1.17.5 ?
    (I copy my krpano.license and krpanotools.license but not work)

Updates / Upgrades

With krpano version 1.17 the license system has been changed. The previously separately available Flash and HTML5 licenses have been merged into one single license. Additionally the license format also has been changed - instead of binary license files, which needed to be copied into the correct folder, now more common 'text' license keys, which need to be registered in the application, will be used. Due these changes, older licenses need to be updated or upgraded.
    Update / Upgrade costs?

The updates itself are free - except for the case when you don't have both old licenses (the 'krpano License' and the 'krpano HTML5 Add-On License'). In this case, when having only the 'krpano License' alone, it would be necessary to upgrade the license to be able to use the new versions (1.17 and up). The upgrade price for this case is 45 € plus sales tax/VAT.

http://www.krpano.com/buy/upgrade/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!