krpano 1.17 (Pre Release)

• Sounds great.

One question: What do people like me do who do not use droplets at all? Using the new krpanotool with its options isn't a problem. But how do I create the embedpano.js with the embedded license and the embedded krpano.js?

Up to now I once created a dummy project (using a droplet) which in turn creates that file and I used that file from then on. Is there a better way?

Michael

• Hi,

is there problem with mac os x 10.9? i downloaded pre release but during extraction i get a crash and nothing happened.

A crash during the zip file extraction?
    Was the download itself fully complete?

If I press the full screen button and then click close full screen without moving around it will go all wacky, and blink like crazy when moved around.

Which browser and system?
    But please note - HTML5 fullscreen and the CSS3D/WebGL rendering is very browser and GPU hardware and GPU driver. So when the GPU driver has some bugs or isn't fully supported by the Browser, there can be graphic issues.

One question: What do people like me do who do not use droplets at all? Using the new krpanotool with its options isn't a problem. But how do I create the embedpano.js with the embedded license and the embedded krpano.js?

It works basically like in the previous versions:

When the krpano viewer files (embedpano.js, krpano.swf, krpano.js) are in the same folder as the krpano tools, then just call:

Code
    krpanotools protect -o=tour.swf
    krpanotools protect -o=tour.js

But when the krpano viewers are in a different folder (e.g. in the 'viewer' folder like in the current release):

Code
    krpanotools protect -o=tour.swf -baseswf=viewer/krpano.swf
    krpanotools protect -o=tour.js -baseemb=viewer/embedpano.js -basejs=viewer/krpano.js

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi!

I have a license key for panotour pro (i exported krpano.license and a license for ipad / iphone (krpanoiphone.license.js)), bought at kolor.com. Can I get an upgrade license for 1.17? How?

I got the license through the update service. It was better to try. :)

Edited 3 times, last by Yuego (December 20, 2013 at 6:16 AM).

• Quoted from "olihar"
    If I press the full screen button and then click close full screen without moving around it will go all wacky, and blink like crazy when moved around.
    Which browser and system?
    But please note - HTML5 fullscreen and the CSS3D/WebGL rendering is very browser and GPU hardware and GPU driver. So when the GPU driver has some bugs or isn't fully supported by the Browser, there can be graphic issues.

Windows 8, Chrome, I have a Nvidia GTX 690 video card.

Could not try IE as it does not support Full Screen.

• Using krpanotools command line:

looks like options

copyswf=false
    renamedswf=false

have no effect, renamed swf still in output folder

only workaround : comment/remove krpano.swf path in basicsettings.config

maybe this is something to fix Klaus?

• Hi there,

i have a really strange behaviour of the krpanotools makpano command line on Mac 10.8

each time i run the command line to make a multires pano , suddently my workspace disk is full (even if it was 20GB free!)

free space decrease till 0 octets are available.

when i reboot it comes back to 20GB free.

i think there's a serious bug here Klaus. i've been testing 1.17 for almost a week, and this problem occurs only when i use the command line tool

best regards

• Please tell us how to update existing tours with this one. The old update tool does not work and your new tool is not ready. Obviously you can not just exchange the krpano.js with my old tour.js and the old update tool does not recognize any of the krapano.js or the new krpano.swf.

I need to do this before monday on 3 tours.

Hans

• Please tell us how to update existing tours with this one.

Hi,

Short answer:
    Just run once the MAKE VTOUR droplet with ANY image and take the tour.swf and tour.js from there and use it instead your current swf/js files.

Long answer:
    When using the droplets, new viewer files with embedded licenses will be created. In the HTML5 case also the embedding script and the HTML5 viewer will be merged into one single .js file.

This works this way:
    krpano.swf + LICENSE => tour.swf
    embedpano.js + (krpano.js + LICENSE) => tour.js

And what the Update Tool is doing, is to extract the LICENSE from exiting swf/js files, and re-creates the output files again in the same way as the droplets are doing, just by using now the newer viewer files.

As additionally note:
    The http://tour.swf/tour.js (or whatever filename these files finally have) don't contain any pano/tour specific data and can be used universally for all panos and tours.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello, today I upgraded a project from 1.17 to 1.17pre, change tour.swf and tour.js, encrypted xmls via comand line, replace the plugins. Locally everything works fine in firefox, chrome and safari in desktop, online works well on iPad and android 4.2 html5, but desktop shows me "Fatal: tour.xml parser error:. Element is malformed (# 1090). I Replaced the xmls encrypted by non-encrypted, everything works well online. ¿ How does one encrypt files so that they work well?
    Ramiro

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!