Delay when playing a short sound (iPad 4 and Google Nexus)

• Hi!

I needed to play a short sound (about one second total time) when clicked on a hotspot. I stated the files in three formats - mp3, wav and ogg. Like this:

Code
    playsound(ding, '%SWFPATH%/interfaces/0912/sound/ding.mp3|%SWFPATH%/interfaces/0912/sound/ding.ogg|%SWFPATH%/interfaces/0912/sound/ding.wav',1);

On desktop all works fine, while on iPad 4 and on Google Nexus I hear some delay between a click and the sound itself. I suspect this is due to some tablet browser peculiarities. So I wonder if "preloadsound();" can help here and if so, what is the right way to use this action? Should I put it immediately before the playsound(); action or can this preload be done in the very start of the whole tour?

Thanks for help!

• When sound interface was released for HTML5 I made project for IPAD and when testing discovered this delay.
    Couldn't solve this and removed sound on HTML5 - only click
    Don't know exactly but I think I read that sound interface is behaving different on HTML5 getting sound source every time from server and that's why there is delay.
    If there is workaround today I would also like to know about it.
    regards
    Umalo

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!