• Hi, I was playing with the Combo Box plugin and I noticed that in the demos it loaded sphere images - is there a way to load different XML files through it instead. I use tiles for my tours, so loading sphere wouldn't work for my app.

• Hi,

yes, you can apply any actions to a combobox item - loading a xml, a image, changing something...

at the moment I recommend this way to set actions for a combobox:

• add the combobox items dynamically in the onloaded event
    • assign a action for each item

here is a example:

best regards,
    Klaus

• PROBLEM: Working with HOTSPOTS and the ComboBox.

Is there a way to change just the comboxbox item name when a hotspot is clicked within a virtual tour? For example:

When you have this and you use the combobox, then the hotspot adjusts accordingly because it is inside an action. But if you click the hotspot to change the panorama, then the combobox doesn't change the name. So is there something like SETITEM or similar to use to change just the name of the dropdown item in the comboxbox ?

• I've tried the following:

Code
    set(plugin[combobox].selectitem(combobox:Exterior Sunset)); 
    set(plugin[combobox].selectitem(Exterior Sunset));

doesn't seem to work? Also, when you do capitalize the words, ex: <action name="combobox:Exterior Sunset"> , the capital letters don't work? (see combobox.xml you've provided in the download ZIP file, there are no capital letters)

• Hi Klaus,

You've been of great help, it is much appreciated.

Sorry to come back to this again, but I think your example has bugs to begin with in the first place. In your compiled zip file: krpano/examples/combobox/combobox.html when you load this page and press the "O" and you get a DEBUG: combobox - startplugin same with combobox2.html

So maybe that's why selectitem() doesn't work since it needs to be debugged in the first place?

• Hi,

this "DEBUG: combobox - startplugin" message is because I forget to remove the debug traces
    in the combobox plugin, and the debugmode is enabled in the beta version

I have made now a simple XML example to demonstrate how the selectitem will work,
    change the complete combobox2.xml to this:

• Hi,

no this needed to be done in the combobox.fla,

open it in Flash CS3,
    then open the "actions" window and then the source,
    and try to add this line in the startplugin() function, e.g.:

Code
    function startplugin(event:Event):void
    {
    combobox.setStyle("color", 0xFFFFFF);

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

I'm using Krpano 1.0.8, and i'm trying to change the font color of the combobox plugin.

So, i took the combobox.fla (1.0.7) and i changed the AS code to allow the combobox to work in 1.0.7 and all higher versions :

I replaced

Code
    if ( krpano.get("version") != "1.0.7" )

by

Code
    if ( krpano.get("version") < "1.0.7" )

Then, i added this line code in the startplugin() function :

Code
    function startplugin(event:Event):void
    {	
     	combobox.setStyle("color", 0xBFB179);
    }

I saved the fla in .cs3 and then i had a warning alert from Adobe Flash CS4

"The file has data which will be lost in case of saving in Flash cs3 format :
    - Metadata of the infobox on the XMP file
    Would you like to save in cs3 format anyway ?"

I clicked "yes" and i compiled in .swf.

RESULT : the font color stays in black (default), there's no change

Can someone tell me what i did wrong ? Is it because of the warning alert ?

Thanks for your response

Edited once, last by MissZougou (February 24, 2010 at 12:28 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!