home tour package!

• Looks good. *thumbsup*

Now for some nit-picking *wink*

When starting in gallery view (bottom images), there's no onhover to tell me what the gallery view icon was supposed to be. I figured it out by switching to the info view and then seeing the gallery icon onover text. I think it would be good to keep the info boxes available even when that particular icon is selected.

I don't know if it would be better... but part of me would like to see the bottom menu stuff collapse on it's own after everything is loaded up and viewable. I don't have a problem with how it is now... it's more just a consideration / discussion point to see what your thoughts are on that.

Overall, it's a great looking interface... clean, simple and with all the right information.

Graydon

• thx for the feedback.

about the gallery icon ... it seemed to me from a UX (user-experience) point of view ... all of the buttons on the interface that have a pop-out caption are clickable ... so by not having the selected 'tab' have a pop-out caption it would indicate "hey, you can't click me" ... just what i was thinking anyways

i've gone back and forth on the functionality of the gallery bottom area. my original thought was to have it pop out and then collapse by default .... and then pop back out on rollover near the bottom .... but it seems that such a large user base as 'home buyers' are not 100% web savvy and may be uncomfortable with things 'hiding' from them.

great feedback! thx!

• I like it as well. very clean and straight forward. do you have any ideas in what you are going to charge for a residentla tour of that size and quality? i am finding it very hard to tap in residential real estate the realtor are CHEAP! i have tapped into commercial.

• I like it as well. very clean and straight forward. do you have any ideas in what you are going to charge for a residentla tour of that size and quality? i am finding it very hard to tap in residential real estate the realtor are CHEAP! i have tapped into commercial.

not 100% sure on price yet but i do have some ideas. i think for normal business's (non real estate) that a good range would be $299 - $399 per pano depending on quantity ... (restaurants, auditoriums, etc.) but these are most likely one time customers ..... and finding customers like this over and over is probably hard to do.

but with real estate the housing are always being bought and sold constantly. so if you can figure out a way to get in good with the realtors you'll have a ton of repeat business with little sales efforts .... just some initial elbow work to get your product out there .... so because of the repeat business possibility and high turnover on houses sold ... you are right .... what a realtor is willing to pay per house is cheap compared to want we want to charge per pano .... because we feel like they are each works of art (which they are *smile* ) but realtors won't see it that way. so in order to create a high quantity of work the prices must be dropped. i think it's just a matter of balancing supply and demand ..... and also perhaps look into making a nice daily rate for yourself over and over as opposed to charging per pano. thoughts?

what kind of prices have you gotten for your commercial work?

• Hi MDS,

normal i ask 250 euro per pano, but i think in this case you should drop to 100 150...

another question... how can i make a 'mask' drop down/up (collapse!!)
    *confused* *confused*

Like to do that aswell on http://www.enkhuizen-virtueel.nl

Mabe somebody has a good threath??
    Thanx

and

Very nice did you make that as a whole thing in flash?? the interface or did you make all seperate and put it in the xml??

Cheers

Tuur *thumbsup*

• In the Portland, Oregon market the chief criteria of residential realtors is price and turn around time. They only care so much about quality and ideally they want to receive a finished tour withing one to two days. The market rate for 10 360 degree panoramas and still photographs is about $150 USD to $200 USD including hosting the tour. You can use this business to refine your capture technique, stitching work flow, and learn to deal with customers. In my market, I chose to not pursue this business anymore because it does not pay enough and they seem to not care much about the quality. I would much rather pursue commercial business along with resorts. Performing this work efficiently is key to being able to charge a lower rate and still preserve decent margins. I am mixing gigapixel panoramas with the 360 degree panoramas and stills. I even offer short video clips, but none of my current customers has been interested yet. I am probably going to offer the video for free on a job where it is appropriate to use in my portfolio. It is key to have portfolio for each type of business as customers often can not visualize how your multimedia would appear for their project. You need a similar piece of work to communicate the benefit to them. Similar portfolio makes closing the sale much easier.

• Very nice did you make that as a whole thing in flash?? the interface or did you make all seperate and put it in the xml??

thx! i designed and developed the entire interface in flash using the krpano_as3_interface.as plugin. everything in the interface is part of my own application (btns, animations, thumbnail gallery, etc.) the thumbnail gallery is driven by a seperate xml file.

another question... how can i make a 'mask' drop down/up (collapse!!)

are you trying to move a mask with actionscript? if so you must make sure your mask is a 'movieclip' and it has an instance name that you can call from your tween funtion. *smile*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!