You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 8:18pm

Straight line problem in VR

I have dragged the same equirectangular image to below 2 droplet.
MAKE MULTIRES PANO droplet.bat
SPHERE to CUBE MULTIRES droplet.bat

I found the VR result in problematic straight line in MAKE MULTIRES PANO droplet.bat while no problem in SPHERE to CUBE MULTIRES droplet.bat... do you have same problem?

all striaght

VN2009

Professional

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 9:47pm

add some detail settings, turn flash 10 on. adjust the tessmode. enable the options plugin and start tweaking the settings. paste this in there then check again

<display fps="30"
details="32"
tessmode="3"
movequality="low"
stillquality="HIGHSHARP"
flash10="on"
movequality10="low"
stillquality10="HIGHSHARP"
stilltime="0.25"

/>

Sunday, August 2nd 2009, 4:05am

Hi VN!
thanks, problem solved!
I found the major problem was caused by "details"

1) From the doc I found, details in display is set to 16 by default. Was it because of my equirectangular image not good enough? (but I saw straight line in my equirectangular image)
2) would everybody face the same problem when they don't add "details=32" into it after using "MAKE MULTIRES PANO droplet.bat"?
3) I didn't find "details" in the xml genertated by "SPHERE to CUBE MULTIRES droplet.bat", but it still didn't result in wave-distortions-effects, does this droplet add other similar attribtue in xml as "details"?

Thanks!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "eddiejoker" (Aug 2nd 2009, 4:23am)

Sunday, August 2nd 2009, 5:52am

I believe Klaus has said that cubic panos are the way to go, especially if you use Flash 10.

Jarredja

Monday, August 3rd 2009, 5:44am

I believe Klaus has said that cubic panos are the way to go, especially if you use Flash 10.

Jarredja
sorry... pardon. Cubic pano means?
Is the VR delivered by "MAKE MULTIRES PANO droplet.bat" a cubic pano??

Thanks.

Monday, August 3rd 2009, 7:07am

It is my understanding that MAKE MULTIRES PANO droplet.bat

produces a spherical pano not a cubical pano.

I use SPHERE to CUBE MULTIRES droplet.bat

and now with the new addition noted on this post

Confusion over SPHERE to CUBE MULTIRES droplet.bat

that tool is even better.

Jarredja

Monday, August 3rd 2009, 10:47am

Hi Jarredja,
Thanks very much!!

do you know if cubical pano is more precise than spherical pano?
I'm finding the adv and disadv between the 2, but cannot find a good comparison yet... thanks.

eddie

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "eddiejoker" (Aug 3rd 2009, 1:10pm)

Monday, August 3rd 2009, 8:49pm

Hi,

yes, cubical is better (especially with Flash10),

a cubical pano is has only "linear" flat elements, and that can be drawn without any loss (with Flash10),
but a spherical pano has a "curved" surface, which can only be approximated (higher "details" = more accurate but also slower)

press the TAB key in the viewer to view how the pano surface is internally organized,

here is quick comparison:
http://krpano.com/examples/108b8/krpano.swf?xml=/docu/panoformats/basesphere.xml&plugin[krpanologo].url=/krpano_logo.png

especially zoom to the nadir and zenith area and then press the button to switch the pano type,

best regards,
Klaus

Wednesday, August 14th 2013, 4:35pm

in this post you advise to use:
- befor make vt multires
- then sphere to cube

to get more precise vt?

Thursday, August 15th 2013, 2:00am

The tools have evolved quite a bit since this post began. If your image fits the minimum standards, the tools already automatically convert to cubes from the download package. OR you can convert to tiles, patch your nadir and then drag the cubes to the tool of your choice.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jarredja" (Aug 15th 2013, 3:07am)