• Hello Klaus.
    The virtual tour of my customer is on his server, to test.
    But I don't know the final domain name, I don't know if I need know the domain to apply the Branding Free license...
    All the files (license, xml, ...) are in one file swf with kprotect.
    Thank.

• Hi,

there are two basic protect modes:

1. domain limited
      • there the domain is fixed
      • but the xml is changeable
    2. embedded xml
      • no domain limitation
      • but therefore the (first) xml is embedded and not changeable

note - the other images, xml don't need to be embedded, this is optional, just remove the files from the "Files to Embed" list, to avoid embedding,

best regards,
    Klaus

• How can I use the new license (Branding Free)?
    The new license is named: krpanobrandingfree.license.
    My old license was named <customername>.license.
    Can I rename the "krpanobrandingfree.license" to "mycustomer.license"?

• Hi,

the branding free license can only be uses as embedded,

use the kprotect tool and set there the path to the branding free license (in the "setup" tab), then you can enable the "Branding Free" checkbox in the "protect" tab,

select the protect mode - either "Domain limited" or "Embedded XML" and generate a new swf file (please make also sure that the correct krpano.swf is used, check the version of it in the setup tab)

this new swf was generated from the normal/basic krpano.swf file and have all licenses (and optionally also xml and other files) embedded, use this swf file instead of the krpano.swf, with it no other external licenses are required anymore,

best regards,
    Klaus

• I have created one pano for a client, based on the "examples/scenes" in krpano. I am unsure how to package everything for sending off to the client so they can put everything on thier site.
    I have the unlimited domain licence.

• Hi,

use the kprotect tool for that,

select "Protect Mode" - "Embeded XML"
    and select the start xml of your tour,

then the tool searches for all files that where referred in this and the following xml files,
    and adds them to the embedded list files (Embed/Encrypt Tab),

the "tiles" from multiresolution panoramas are currently not automatically added,
    (they shouldn't be embedded anyway!)

if you have a bigger tour with normal panoramic images (sphere, cubes) then it would
    be better to leave this files also external (select and remove them manually from the "Files to Embed:" list)

the reason for this is that the single swf file can be only downloaded as "stream",
    that means one byte after the other, to get access to images that are further back in the file,
    krpano needs to wait until enough data was downloaded,

as result you should have only one swf file and the bigger external images, no xml, no license, no plugins/buttons, no preview images,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!