• Hi,

there is a new update for the 1.0.8.14 version:
    https://krpano.com/news/#2012-03-16

It includes several bugfixes and also some important improvements:

• First - there is the new Bing Maps Plugin which replaces the Google Maps Plugin.
      Google has stopped providing new Flash API keys, so it wasn't possible to use the Google Maps Plugin with new domains anymore and a replacement was necessary. The interfaces for both plugins are almost the same. Just replacing the plugin and changing the key should work in the most cases. New Bing Maps examples are included.
      For all details about this topic please see these threads:
      Bing Maps Plugin (as replacement for the Google Maps Plugin)
      Google Maps Flash-API Keys
    • Then - for the upcoming iPad 3 there are new settings for detecting it and optionally trying to use higher resolution images. Additionally the new iOS 5.1 seems to be more stable and allows to use slightly higher resolution images without becoming unstable. So there is also a new way to detect the iOS version:

• There is the new retina devices setting for detecting the high resolution retina screen.
      • An iPhone 4 can be detected by using devices="iPhone+Retina".
      • And an iPad 3 by using devices="iPad+Retina".
      • The new iOS### devices setting, where ### represents the iOS version (e.g. 5.1), can be used to detect the minimum needed iOS version - e.g. by devices="iPad+iOS5.1" it is possible to detect an iPad with iOS 5.1 or higher.
    • Now as it is possible to detect iPad 3 and iOS 5.1, it makes sense to try to use higher resolution images for these devices (there are no real krpano iPad 3 tests yet, so there is no automatic usage of higher resolution images yet).

• By default the maximum imagesize for cube-sides in krpano is limited to 1024x1024 on iOS. When the input images are larger, then they get automatically downscaled to this size.
      • To change this limit manually there is the new devices.hardwarelimit setting - it allows to define a custom maximum size for the cube images.
        But note (!) - iOS will also automatically downscale large images:

• iOS versions before 5.1 will downscale images larger then 1414px
        • and iOS version after 5.1 will downscale images larger then 1448px
        • the image sizes will be 'halved' when reaching that limit, e.g. a 1414x1414 image will be loaded as 1414x1414 image, but a 1415x1415 image as 708x708 image - this happens automatically by iOS and is not detectable and can't be avoided!
        • here a small online test that shows this behavior:
          https://krpano.com/temp/imagesizetest/
          (btw - if someone has already an iPad 3 - please run this test and post the results)
      • To avoid including additionally images (e.g. for iPad 3) there is the new display.usedesktopimages setting that forces to use the desktop images also on mobile/tablet devices. Note - the devices.hardwarelimit setting and the automatic iOS downscaling will also apply to these images (e.g. non-tiled 2200px desktop images will become automatically just 1100px on iPhone and iPad1/2 (maybe the iPad 3 will behave differently here).
      • Here some experimental settings that might be sensefull for iPad 3 or iOS 5.1 devices:

Code
        <display usedesktopimages="true" hardwarelimit="2048" devices="iPad+Retina" />
        or
        <display hardwarelimit="1400" devices="iPad+iOS5.1" />
    • The textfield plugin for HTML5 also got a lot of improvements:

• The "autosize" is now working better and also for hotspots and also when dynamically resizing the textfield.
      • Now all given css styles (not just p{}) will be assigned to the given html tags, additionally it is possible to use the html/css settings also without any p{} or <p>..</p> tags (this change was also done in the Flash version).
      • The default font and font size is now the same like in the Flash version (Times and 12px).
      • The 'font-size' tags in the html code will be automatically corrected (halved) for iPhone/iPod.
      • It's now possible to use the Flash 'event:' links - they will be automatically replaced by 'javascript:' calls to krpano.
      • Assigning other elements via parent="..." to a textfield is possible now.
      • The textfield example works now on all devices.
    • What's also new:

• Tools/Droplets - the <scene> elements for the VTOUR droplets are now customizable by a xml template file (see the 'xmltemplate_scene' config setting and the 'vtour_scenetemplate.xml' file).
      • Tools/Droplets - new 'thumbpath' setting for customizing the path and name for the scene thumbnails.
      • The plugin/hotspot variables 'width', 'height', 'x', 'y', 'ox' and 'oy' will now be checked for valid values when setting them. Invalid values will set the variables to null.
      • The hotspot 'inverserotation' is now supported also in the HTML5 viewer.
      • The 'flying' setting works now also for non-distorted hotspots.
      • There is a new havenetworkaccess variable for detecting if network access is available. This can be used to show an error when trying to use an example locally, that needs networks access (like the Bing or Google Maps examples), without having changed the Flash security settings.
      • The Videoplayer Plugin includes experimental 'rtmp://' and 'webcam' support (thanks to Frederick Pauling).
      • The old and Flash-only 'autopos' and 'autoscale' settings for plugin elements (offical not supported anymore since 1.0.7) were finally removed. The align, x, y, width, height settings should be used instead.
    • And these bugs/issues where fixed:

• The automatic plugin sizes (especially when using the videoplayer plugin) were wrong in some cases in the previous release.
      • The initial 'step' in the lensflare blending effect was removed.
      • When the view will be rotated by 'view.camroll' (e.g. by using the Gyro plugin), then the hotspots will rotate now too accordingly.
      • Placeholders for <cube> urls weren't working correctly (Flash only).
      • There was no 'onnewpano' event when using QTVR files.
      • Absolute path fixes for loadpano() calls.
      • Paths in the xml that were using placeholders and following /../ sub folders could be wrong.
      • The onidle checking now get also interrupted by user interactions outside the pano.
      • When using empty values for parent (e.g. parent=""), then the child element never appeared (krpanoJS).
      • Short 'flicker' when switching the hotspot distortion setting (krpanoJS).
      • Google Maps Plugin - plugin and spots attribute access in events wasn't possible.
      • Videoplayer Plugin - catch and show Flash security errors.
      • Videoplayer Plugin - check empty 'videourl' at startup (no error in this case).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Great update Klaus!!

i was wondering if you can give a code example of that experimental webcam feature.

Can't wait for ipad 3.. *rolleyes*

Cheers
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Great updates!
    One thing I didn't understand at all...

To avoid including additionally images (e.g. for iPad 3) there is the new display.usedesktopimages setting that forces to use the desktop images also on mobile/tablet devices. Note - the devices.hardwarelimit setting and the automatic iOS downscaling will also apply to these images (e.g. non-tiled 2200px desktop images will become automatically just 1100px on iPhone and iPad1/2 (maybe the iPad 3 will behave differently here).
    Here some experimental settings that might be sensefull for iPad 3 or iOS 5.1 devices:

• A long long time ago ... when KRP was born I said once and repeated this a lot of times Klaus is THE Man
    Thanks for taking care of iPad3 Retina Display new resolution so fast
    You're quicking asses *g*
    Cheers from Rio
    AYRTON

It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot.

• Well done, Klaus *thumbup*
    Unfortunately I found some kind of bug in the textfield-plugin! If I use the autosize-function, the textfield takes forever to show up, especially on iDevices like iPhone and iPad (up to 30 seconds). But if I set autosize to "none", the textfield pops right up like it did in the last versions.

Here is the code I use for the textfield:
    addplugin(infotext);
    set(plugin[infotext].url,plugins/textfield.swf);
    set(plugin[infotext].parent,infofield);
    set(plugin[infotext].align,topleft);
    set(plugin[infotext].edge,topleft);
    set(plugin[infotext].x,0);
    set(plugin[infotext].y,0);
    set(plugin[infotext].background,false);
    set(plugin[infotext].borderwith,0);
    set(plugin[infotext].width,get(infowidth));
    set(plugin[infotext].html,get(infotext));
    set(plugin[infotext].zorder,32);
    set(plugin[infotext].handcursor,false);
    set(plugin[infotext].css,p{color:#FFFFFF; font-family:Arial; font-size:12;}a:hover { color:#89baf6; });
    set(plugin[infotext].autosize,auto);
    set(plugin[infotext].capture,false);

and here is the HTML-Code
    <data name="infotext" devices="mobile">
    <p align="center">
    <font face="arial" size="24px" style="font-family:arial; font-size:24px;">
    <b>Information</b>
    <br/><br/>
    </font></p>
    <p align="left">
    <font face="arial" size="18px" style="font-family:arial; font-size:18px;">
    <b>There is something wrong, I guess?!</b>
    <br/>
    </font></p>
    </data>

I have no idea what´s wrong or why the new version takes sooo much longer to show up *sad*

Thanks and best regards
    Nupsi

• Hi,

Unfortunately I found some kind of bug in the textfield-plugin! If I use the autosize-function, the textfield takes forever to show up, especially on iDevices like iPhone and iPad (up to 30 seconds). But if I set autosize to "none", the textfield pops right up like it did in the last versions.

Please post a full example where this happens (if possible in a separate thread) and what iOS versions and devices you are using for testing. In my tests this is working very well on all my test devices and examples.

When using autosize, the viewer needs to wait until the browser returns the size informations for the textfield. During this time the textfield is hidden of course. But that happened also in all previous versions...

Additionally this waiting for the browser for the textsize has 'break condition' to avoid unnecessary cpu-load in the error case - when the browser doesn't return the text size within 500ms (0.5 seconds), then the viewer stops waiting and no text will appear. That means a '30 second' waiting time should be not possible...

So please post the full example to see the problem, then it might be possible to say where the problem is located.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Klaus, I´ll prepare a little preview.

Until then I think I´ve found another bug: The autorotation on iphone/ipad always stops if a plugin-button is pressed, even if capture is set to true?! Maybe that´s the new "onidle-checking"? Is there a way to keep the autorotation working if the pano itself is´nt touched but only the plugin?

Edit: With your iPhone/iPad-Simulator even the mouse-movement in Safari is stopping the autorotation *blink*

Thanks and best regards
    Nupsi

• Hi,

Thanks Klaus, I´ll prepare a little preview.

thanks!

Until then I think I´ve found another bug: The autorotation on iphone/ipad always stops if a plugin-button is pressed, even if capture is set to true?! Maybe that´s the new "onidle-checking"? Is there a way to keep the autorotation working if the pano itself is´nt touched but only the plugin?

right, the reason is the new onidle checking - the autorotate and the onidle where using the same 'last user interaction' timecode to detect their starting - but I agree this is not ideal for autorotate and I will change that in the next release - then the autorotate-waiting will only detect movements in the pano-view and the onidle all kind of user interactions.

Edit: With your iPhone/iPad-Simulator even the mouse-movement in Safari is stopping the autorotation

thanks, right! here I was a bit too hasty with taking all user-interactions as interruption
    this will be changed in the next release, then only mouse-movements with pressed-button will be detected as user-interaction,

best regards,
    Klaus

• this will be changed in the next release, then only mouse-movements with pressed-button will be detected as user-interaction,

Thanks Klaus, great to hear *smile* I´ve send you a Mail with a simple preview (Bug in Textfiel 06-13-2012). The problem seems to be the onloaded-tag in the HTML5-textfield. Hopefully the mail will explain the problem a little more detailed.

Thanks and best regards
    Nupsi

• Hi Klaus
    Impressed with your work!
    I'm very interested in testing out the rtmp support. Does this work by just entering an rtmp url in the videourl or do I need to do something else? Also will this work with crossdomain?
    Rtmp is nice, but http streaming would be even nicer. Do you see this as a future possibility?
    Back in 2009 you wrote in the forum about version 1.0.9 giving us the possibility of using krpano as a flash component in a flex application. How far into the future do you see this, or is it possible somehow today?

Again Thanks for your hard work! :D

• Hi,

i've also some problems to get a functionnal tour on iphone (can't really test on android). The sound plugin button (leftbottom) doesn't stay in the second scene (keep="true" of course). I can't use the KEEPPLUGINS flag because i don't keep every plugins. It's the first time i do a dedicate xml to mobile and tablet devices, may be i did something wrong. Can't find what!
    Here the link (sorry for long url, i don't know if we can insert a QRcode here):
    http://www.360-vision.fr/panos/communes…ardo/index.html

If anybody met the same problem thanks to let me know.
    Steph. *smile*

• Hi,

I'm very interested in testing out the rtmp support. Does this work by just entering an rtmp url in the videourl or do I need to do something else?

yes, just using a rmp:// url should work,

Also will this work with crossdomain?

it should, the cross domain checking is enabled,

Rtmp is nice, but http streaming would be even nicer. Do you see this as a future possibility?

I don't know yet, I wasn't even able yet to test rtmp by myself, so also rtmp itself is still marked as experimental...

Back in 2009 you wrote in the forum about version 1.0.9 giving us the possibility of using krpano as a flash component in a flex application. How far into the future do you see this, or is it possible somehow today?

this is statement is still true of course,

i've also some problems to get a functionnal tour on iphone (can't really test on android). The sound plugin button (leftbottom) doesn't stay in the second scene (keep="true" of course). I can't use the KEEPPLUGINS flag because i don't keep every plugins. It's the first time i do a dedicate xml to mobile and tablet devices, may be i did something wrong. Can't find what!
    Here the link (sorry for long url, i don't know if we can insert a QRcode here):
    http://www.360-vision.fr/panos/communes_…ardo/index.html

please use a separate thread for such questions, this is the news thread for the 1.0.8.14 and should be related to the news and changes from this version,

best regards,
    Klaus

• I've just made the test on an iPad3 for the image size test :

Code
    INFO : krpano JS 1.0.8.14 (build 2012-03-16)
    INFO : iPad - iOS:5.1 Safari:5.1
    INFO: iOS imagesize test (automatic image downscaling by iOS)
    INFO: load done. imagesize should be 1024x1024, imagesize is 1024x1024.
    INFO: load done. imagesize should be 1414x1414, imagesize is 1414x1414.
    INFO: load done. imagesize should be 1415x1415, imagesize is 1415x1415.
    INFO: load done. imagesize should be 1448x1448, imagesize is 1448x1448.
    INFO: load done. imagesize should be 1449x1449, imagesize is 725x725.
    INFO: load done. imagesize should be 1500x1500, imagesize is 750x750.
    INFO: load done. imagesize should be 2200x2200, imagesize is 1100x1100.

If this can help ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!