You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Shanti

Intermediate

• "Shanti" started this thread

Friday, March 20th 2009, 6:58pm

detecting north for automatic hotspots

Hello,

I am working on a "big" panorama project and there is a need to have automatic hot spots, I found all the formulas based on GPS coordinates and that is working perfectly, I know where in degrees are the 10 panos close to the one I am viewing, the problem is that al of them are incorrect in the hotsopots, because I need to provide north.

the question (and probably a very stupid one since I already know I can do it if I input the nort by hand in degrees) is there an easy way to select North, or is the only way is to set it by hand?

As I am writing this I am realizing more and more that there IS no other way... but one can hope :P

oh well, any help will be appreciated :)

Shanti

Tuur

Master

Occupation: Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Friday, March 20th 2009, 8:23pm

mmm.. can't help you ofcourse but like to know how you do that.. must be interesting for big projects... that you see, for example in the thumbnail scroller the 10 most nearby pano's and that it changes when you move...

That's a good one *thumbsup*

would you like to write a plugin that we can buy??

Sorry to hack your thread..

Cheers

Tuur *thumbsup*

Shanti

Intermediate

Friday, March 20th 2009, 9:37pm

Tuur, Unfortunately is not a plug in. is based on PHP. I think it can be converted to an AS3 plug in, but to be honest I am a beginner/intermidiate in AS3 so will have to figure out how to do it. If i find a way I will release the plug in. I can also post the PHP source if you like :)

Tuur

Master

Occupation: Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Friday, March 20th 2009, 11:05pm

Thanx Shanti,

i thing that won't be nessesary... i can do just a little html and krpano xml... that's it...

I think the idea is really nice though

Have to learn flash and actionscript maybe to develop ...

You make this nice things... will you have a look to my question in the kr make multi res. thread??

Thanx shanti

Tuur *thumbsup*

Graydon

Professional

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 12:28am

Is the north view (heading) recorded anywhere?

Shanti

Intermediate

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 1:49am

Tuur; sure i'll look, as soon as I find it :P the only one i see from you seems to be resolved.

Graydon: well, it is in the Database, but i have to input it by hand, and that's what I am trying to avoid.

Graydon

Professional

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 2:34am

If you are using the googlemap plugin then maybe something from here... http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.ph…ad&threadID=347 will help with some ideas.

Maybe give a bit of an outline of how you are showing the ten closest panos (i assume a map)... and maybe we'll figure out a way to include the heading info from the database when you show the new spots???

Shanti

Intermediate

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 5:35am

Thats a great post will keep it in mind.

Right now i am only showing them trough the database, and outpouting text only, so there is nothing really to show, i am working on a right now on an alpha version.

will probably post it in about 30 minutes.

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 6:27pm

yes, you need at least one reference point in the pano (north for example),
or like here a point in the pano and one on a map - radar orientation,
detecting north in an image wouldn't be possible