You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 6:47am

wavy lines in multires

I have a multiresolution spherical pano that I am having some trouble getting straight lines near the zenith. If you look at http://www.xrez.com/krpano/html/chi12.html and tilt up and behind you there is a tower that has very wavy lines. I have tried to change the details in several places in the xml but have not had any luck.

Source code

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 7:18am

your link does not work, but I looked at your chi7 pano and you are using a sphere instead of cubes. Try converting the sphere to cube first then run it through the tools or use the tool: sphere to cube multires and it will do the work for you. Just replace the images and the image code in your xml.

As I understand it cubes, will take out the waves.

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 8:31am

Hi,

your xml is not valid,
I thinks this comment lines make the problem:

Source code

<!-------------------------------------------------------->

a xml comment begins with "<!--" and ends with "-->" but
I think there must be 'whitespace' after the beginning and before that end,

about the waves - for spherical panos - only way to improve that would be to increase the details setting...

but I would recommend converting to cube - this will give better quality and better performance,

just try the latest krpano tools, e.g. use the "MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) Droplet", it will automatically
convert the spherical image to a cubical one, and large panos in PSB format are also supported now,

best regards,
Klaus

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 6:10pm

Thanks Klaus, I didn't realize it would support converting a gigapixel to a cube. I will give it a try!